Prescription Drug Plan
The Montana University System Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) is administered by Navitus Health Solutions.
NOTE: CVS/Target pharmacies are not part of the Montana University System Pharmacy Plan network. If you choose to use these pharmacies, you will be responsible for all charges.
To access more information about the Navitus Commercial Plan or MedicareRx (Part D) Plan, including MUS-specific participating network pharmacy and complete prescription drug formulary, you will need to register on the Navitus Navi-Gate for Members web portal to access, see below:
If you are a Medicare Retiree:
Specialty Pharmacy: for members who are taking prescription drugs that require special handling and/or administration to treat certain chronic illnesses or complex conditions.
The drug formulary (preferred drug) list indicates which medications are covered and which tier the medication applies to. The tiers on the formular are structured as follows:
- Tier 0: certain preventive medications (ACA, certain statins, Metformin, and Omeprazole)
- Tier 1: low cost, high value generics and select brands that provide high clinical value.
- Tier 2: preferred brands and select generics that are less cost effective.
- Tier 3: non-preferred brands and generics that provide the least value because of high cost or low clinical value, or both.
- Tier 4: specialty medications for certain chronic illnesses or complex conditions.
Mail Order Pharmacy
Prescription drugs may be obtained through the Plan at either a local retail pharmacy (up to a 34 or 90 day supply) or through a mail order pharmacy (90 day supply). Members who use certain maintenance or long term medications can experience a significant cost savings when filling their prescriptions for a 90 day supply.
- Costco Prescription Mail Order (Costco membership not required)
- Ridgeway Prescription Mail Order
- miRx Prescription Mail Order